Merida Climate & Temperature
- Merida, Mexico is at 20°57'N, 89°39'W, 11 m (36 ft). See map.
- Merida has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Merida is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.8 °C (10.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 981 mm (38.6 inches) which is equivalent to 981 Litres/m² (24.06 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2072 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Merida you would come out nearest to the climate station at Cocos Island A.M.O., Australia where you would find a Tropical monsoonal climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Merida, Mexico Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: